i have the camera set up in a waterproof housing in my garden looking on to a bird feeding table. thanks to this camera i have already identified a species of bird that i did not realise was visiting my garden.
1) the tilt and pan features work very well. there is a slight lag between pressing the button and the camera responding, which is slightly longer when using a smartphone, but i do not feel that this is really a hindrance.
2) the zoom function is also good, but remember that the small lens means that detailed images are not available at distance. the pictures attached are fully zoomed in at a distance of 1.5 metres but also remember that i am looking at quite small garden birds.
3) the software is really good and easy to use. the smartphone android app i've found is just as good.
4) follow the instructions and the setup is also really easy.
5) the night vision is excellent.
6) customer services are excellent.
1) the camera seems to suffer a lot of saturation at even relatively low light. to overcome this i have painted the surface directly in front of the camera with matt black paint which has worked very well. polarized or anti glare sheets only blur the image. you can see the saturated effect at the top of the bird feeder in the attached photo, as well as along the top of the garden wall.
2) the camera does not have a dedicated focus function. when i asked about this i was informed by a very helpful customer services department that the camera is intended to focus through the zoom function. obviously therefore images are not crisp. customer services were very communicative and understanding in their communication which was very helpful. the manual indicates that the focus can be adjusted manually but does not describe or detail exactly how.
when you look at these photos remember they are the clearest photos i could get with absolutely nothing in front of the lens. that said, it meets my needs and it did not cost a lot of money so i am happy.
one more thing - the IR cut mentioned in the description means that the IR self activates. there is not a button to cut the IR function.