Guidelines for Users’ Community participation when using LightInTheBox.
LightInTheBox respects your voice and speeches. LightInTheBox releases community functions, providing various features for customers to share their authentic feedback about products and services - positive or negative. These Community Guidelines facilitate you to use community features, including User Photos and Reviews, Q & A.
We hope to build a harmonious Community for all of the users and customers so that we hereby compose these Community Guidelines for all of you. On a routine basis, we will supervise any attempt to manipulate the community or manipulation of the community content or features, including by contributing false, misleading, or inauthentic content because these conducts are prohibited. We will limit your authority or ability to use Community features, remove content, delist related products, or suspend or terminate your account if you violate our Community Guidelines. If your misconduct constitutes contravention upon an LightInTheBox account after our assessment proceeding, remittances and payments may be withheld or permanently forfeited to the extent of severity. Misconduct may also violate national laws of a country or of state and federal laws, and can lead to legal action and civil and criminal penalties.
Anyone who are suspicious in an attempt to engage or being engaging manipulating content or violate our Guidelines is encouraged to notify us in any approach. Each report provided by you will be treated in a rigorous manner. We will review them and then decide whether it is necessary to initiate the investigation procedures to alleviate the concerns both you and I care about.
Note: Additional Guidelines apply to Customer Reviews.
Every registered LightInTheBox users are eligible to use these community functions. These Users are free to share their interested posts to Facebook, Twitter, VK, WhatApp or Pinterest. Also, users can message, mail or copy the link of post as they like. Nevertheless, LightInTheBox Official Account will select the premium reviews to post in the Community.
- For Community features focused on a specific topic, you should only submit content related to that topic.
- User Photos and Reviews, Q & A should be concentrated about the product. Feedback can be shared at “My Orders” – “Write A Review”.
LightInTheBox values all of Customers’ opinions. Users may voice over something they disagree with, but they should keep in their mind not to violate the Community Guidelines. In order to create a welcoming and nice environment for all users, your participation in the Community must always be respectful of others. In particular:
- Don't post content that may or invades others' privacy. For example, don't post other people's phone numbers, email addresses, mailing addresses, billing addresses or other personal information
- Don'tpost links to phishing or other malware sites no matter what mindset you are.
- Don'timpersonate other people or organizations or pretend to be someone or something you're not.
- Don'tannoy others. For example, don’t repeatedly or continuously send messages or requests to other people.
- Don'tattempt to drown out other people's opinions or control the comments, including by posting from multiple accounts or coordinating with others.
- Don'tengage in name-calling or attack people no matter under what circumstances.
- Don'tpost content that is libelous, defamatory, harassing, threatening, or inflammatory. For example, don't use obscenities or profanity, and don't express hatred or intolerance for people on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender or gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability, including by promoting organizations with such views.
- Don'tpost content that is obscene, pornographic, or lewd, or that contains nudity or sexually explicit images.
- You may question the beliefs and expertise of others as well as challenge others as long as it is relevant and done in a respectful and non-threatening manner.
- The Community is intended to provide centered, relevant content to customers. Content you submit should be relevant and based on your own honest opinions and experience.
LightInTheBox may sell products in connection with sex or sensuality. Customers may give free speech to share their opinions about those products. Some sexual content such as nudity and sexually explicit images or descriptions is restricted because audiences (like infants and teenagers) within our community may be sensitive to that content.
Don't post contents or interact with other members of the community in a way that infringes the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of others. Only post your own content or content that you are lawfully authorized to use.
Don't post content that inspires or incite others to make misbehavior, including violence, fraud, illegal drug use, underage drinking, or child or animal abuse. Examples of prohibited content include:
- Content advocating, threatening, or joking about physical or financial harm to yourself or others, including terrorism.
- Content posted intentionally as sarcasm as it relates to self-harm or harm to others.
- Content offering fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, pyramid schemes).
- Content that inspires or purports the high risk of misuse of a product.
Promotions and Commercial Solicitations
In order to secure the integrity of Community content, content and activities consisting of advertising, promotion, or solicitation (whether direct or indirect) are not allowed, including:
- making, remodeling, or posting content regarding your (or your relative's, close friend's, business associate's, or employer's) products or services.
- making, remodeling, or posting content regarding your competitors' products or services.
- making, remodeling, or posting content in exchange for compensation of any kind (including free or discounted products, rake-off, refunds, or reimbursements) or on behalf of anyone else.
- Offering compensation or requesting compensation (including free or discounted products) in exchange for making, remodeling, or posting content.
- Posting advertisements or solicitations, including URLs with referrer tags or affiliate codes.
For the exceptions:
- You may post an answer to a question asked through the Questions and Answers feature (but not a question itself) regarding products or services for which you have a financial or close personal connection to the brand, seller, author, or artist, but only if you clearly and conspicuously disclose the connection (for example, "I represent the brand for this product.").
- You may post content other than Customer Reviews and Questions and Answers regarding products or services for which you have a financial or close personal connection to the brand, seller, author, or artist, but only if you clearly and conspicuously disclose the connection (e.g., "I was paid for this post."). However, no brand or business may participate in the Community in a way (including by advertising, special offers, or any other "call to action") that diverts LightInTheBox customers to non-LightInTheBox website, service, application, or channel for the purpose of conducting marketing or sales transactions.
- You may post content requested by LightInTheBox. In those cases, your content must comply with Additional Guidelines for Customer Reviews specified by LightInTheBox.
Additional Guidelines for Customer Reviews
The following guidelines apply to Customer Reviews in addition to the other guidelines given above:
- If your review is taken down or declined because it violates our guidelines, you may not resubmit a same or an identical review, even if the resubmitted review includes different content.
- Reviews may only include URLs or links to other products sold on LightInTheBox.
- We may restrict the capacity to submit a review when we detect or suspect unusual reviewing behavior, or to maintain the best possible shopping experience for other users.
For some types of content, including Photos and Reviews, Q & A, you can report potential violations of these Guidelines by contacting us with a reason why you believe it violates these Guidelines. If you receive an offer for compensation of any kind (including free or discounted products, refunds, or reimbursements) in exchange for creating, modifying, or posting content in violation of these Guidelines, forward the offer, including contact information and other information you believe useful or suspicious.