Report Something Suspicious
We are committing to fight against fraud, scams, phishing, and spoofing, which means that if you encounter any correspondence with a high probability of impersonating Lightinthebox.com and its affiliates, please report it to us immediately.
You may report to us suspicious communications including phone calls, emails or SMS/text messages, or online messages from social media.
For U.S. users, you can also report any suspicious emails, phone calls, or text messages to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Also, as an accountable seller, Lightinthebox.com or its affiliates list the tricks that have been collected and reported:
Phishing websites are not registered by us insofar as we have noted below:
IF YOU RECEIVE ANY PHONE CALLS, MESSAGES, OR EMAILS, CLAIMING THAT VISITING THOSE WEBSITES AND ACCOMPLISHING CERTAIN TASKS WILL BENEFIT YOU, YOU SHALL BE HIGHLY ALERT TO THOSE TRICKS AND REPORT TO US.
If you are not sure whether these domain names correlate with Lightinthebox.com or its affiliates, you may contact us via email@example.com to acquire verification.
We will update the tricks and scams from time to time to protect your legitimate rights as far as we could.
If you're concerned about your account security, notably, you may find the Protect Your System for tips and recommendations as follows.
Protect Your System
Some suspicious emails contain attachments and direct links to websites that try to install malicious software on your computer. Some phishing website requests you to install specific malware to allow your visit.
Here are some tips we could envisage to keep your Lightinthebox.com and its affiliates’ accounts safe:
- If you entered your password on a website you think might be malicious, go to Account Setting to change your password at once.
- Do not share your Account password with a third party.
Here are some ways to protect your system, devices, and wireless network in furtherance to create a safer environment for your account:
- Install anti-virus or anti-malware software. Keep security software in a real-time state by installing updates and patches as soon as they're available. When you complete an installation of new software, remind yourself of running a full scan of your computer.
- Never reply to the phishing website. If you want to contact us, you may use our inbox function to connect us.
- Install the software you need from verified or official sources. Disregard urgent pop-ups by virtue of telling you that your computer or device might be infected and further request you to click the link or provide additional personal information.
- Don't leave your devices unlocked in an insecure environment.
- Choose to use manually to WiFi instead of making connect to WiFi automatically.
- Keep the hotspots shut in default when not needed.
- Change the preset passwords along with the name offered by the vendor the first time you use their service, even if the preset passwords seem in high security.
If you receive a suspicious or fraudulent correspondence claiming to be from Lightinthebox.com, we advise you to report it to us immediately and find a suitable way for self-help.